Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Snow Shoveling

Over the past few days, there have been several news stories reminding people of the dangers of snow shoveling. Snow shoveling can be dangerous to anyone because of the amount of energy it takes just to move snow. I heard them warn people that if they were not "in shape" to take it easy out in the snow.

I found out why today when I went out to shovel snow. On top of the several inches of snow that fell yesterday, there had to be a good half inch of ice on top of that! I consider myself a relatively healthy individual, but after that experience today I understand why people die. That was painful!

After that - I had to go and extract our van from its icey tomb.

But what am I complaining about? There are people in upper NY who have been shoveling for over a week straight and have walls of snow surrounding them!

I guess I'll take the ice over 120 inches of snow. Stay safe out there.

7 comments:

Brett Probert said...

I, for one, love the snow and love to shovel it! I would rather shovel snow 10x than mow the lawn once. I guess I'm just weird. It was a chore, I must admit, to get my car ready and roadworthy yesterday!!!

Chris said...

Brett = wierd? Who would have called that one?

Brett Probert said...

ummmmm Chris, I know where you live...

Greg Cox said...

I must be the weird one because I love to cut grass. However, with that said, I love cutting it with a power mower. I like being out in the snow, but would LOVE using a snow blower even more.

Brenda said...

I love both cutting grass and shoveling snow. I consider it to be a perfect chance to be alone in the outdoors that God has created and a time to be alone with Him. So some would say that I am weird

Keith H. McIlwain said...

The snow looks so beautiful...especially when our two teenagers are shoveling it.

I'd take the cold and snow over the hot, humid extreme days of summer any day; you can always wear more layers in the winter, but you can only take off so much in the summer.

Brett Probert said...

Sorry Keith, but the thought of you taking anything off makes me nervous.