Wednesday, February 7, 2007

Back to School

Finally today, the weather broke enough for our children to return to school. Sure there was a two-hour delay, but at least they went back to school today.

I must be turning into my father, because I catch myself saying things that remind me of things that he used to say. Because the kids could not go outside because of the dangerous temperatures, they are full of energy that can not be burned off easily and they seem to be getting into things like never before. Actually, they always get into things, but I think that it just become readily obvious when they have been cooped up in the house for 4 days straight. Boy - I can't wait till it's at least 20 degrees outside so they can "go out and run some of that energy off."

I think that I was just as ready for them to go back to school and back to their routine, so I could return to mine. Tonight will be good for them as they have church programs and opportunities to connect with friends that they haven't seen in a few days.

So - to say the least, I was happy that they went back to school today. Now if we could only find that report card envelope somewhere in the house that we need to sign and return!

1 comment:

Brenda said...

If your house is anything like ours after these past couple of cold days good luck.