Friday, August 29, 2008

Run the Race

This weekend, I am completing a five week series that I have been preaching entitled "Run the Race." I have used the metaphor of a Triathlon to get us through a discussion about our spiritual journey based upon Paul's encouragement for us to "run the race with perseverance."
I have had so much fun with this series and I have seen and read so many things recently through different lenses. On vacation, I was reading an article from Runner's World entitled "The Latest Model." As I was reading, I was struck by how it engaged me from a Christian perspective. The subtitle to the article said it best, "No matter how long you've been running or how fast your times, there's always room for improvement."
I couldn't fit the illustration into the series after all was said and done, but it still captures my thoughts about the church. Take a read. Don't forget to read it with your christian lenses on and tell me what you think.

1 comment:

Barb said...

I love the new contemporary look of the blog...not so stuffy, not so traditional, almost looking a bit hip, tripped out, a look that is becoming, even for you Yampa.