Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Chicago Excursion

Tracy and I left this morning for Chicago, IL. We are going to the Leadership Summit at Willow Creek Community Church. We are both excited about our time here. Last year, you may remember that we attended the Summit via Satellite at Orchard Hill. This year, we decided to come to the real deal.

Tomorrow, Tracy will be attending the Gifted To Lead Forum for Women. It is a one day interactive Forum with Nancy Beach and Nancy Ortberg. Tracy is so excited about the possibility of interacting with other women leaders. While she is at the Forum, I will be working on my sermon for this week for our Run the Race Series.

But - I guess the reason for writing tonight is to describe our experience at Gino's East. We asked some friends who have been to Chicago for some ideas on food, and this was their pick! The website says that Chicago is known for its pizza, and Gino's East is the reason why. Our opinion is that they are absolutely correct!!!!

First of all - you walk into this place and you know that you are in for something different. There is graffiti all over the place. They actually give you crayons to write on the walls. So of course, I left my mark.

But the highlight of the night was our deep dish sausage and cheese pizza. I wish flavors could be pasted to this site. No words other than to say it was some of the best pizza that I've had. I love thin crust pizza, but this ranks up there. It was cool.

So we are waiting until tomorrow to venture over to South Barrington. Until later . . .

No comments: