Friday, July 6, 2007

My Lunch

As I am sitting here typing, I am eating my lunch. And my lunch is the reason for my post! Actually, it is more than my lunch, but my lunch made me think of something that relates to my sermon this week.

We are beginning a 3 part series on Bearing Fruit. We are looking at the fruit of the Spirit and will be talking about how we can bear that fruit in our lives.

I went to a local farmer's market yesterday and bought some fresh tomatoes. I have some sliced on my sandwich. Wow! How awesome it is to have that fruit. It is making my sandwich out of this world.

It reminded me how much better our lives are with the Fruit that the Spirit offers. Much better than the nasty stuff that Paul urges us to resist in Galatians 5.

I am excited about Sunday . . . and I want to finish this sandwich.

4 comments:

Brett Probert said...

Sounds great! Preach the Word, dude.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a great series ... hope all is well!!

Keith H. McIlwain said...

What a great example to use! Did you make another sandwich and eat it during your sermon?

Eric Park said...

I'll take the Lamb of God on the Bread of Life please.

Hold the mayo.