Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Update on My Father

Today, my father went to see his surgeon. He is now scheduled for surgery on Monday, January 29th.

The lesion is in the right ascending colon. The entire right ascending colon will be removed and resectioned to the transverse and the small intestine. If you are like me, you might want to check out this description online.

It is expected to be about a 3 to 3 1/2 hour surgery.

Following the surgery, the doctors will deterine the next course of action. As of now, the CT results show no other organs affected in the abdoman.

I think it is safe to say that this is more than we expected, but still not the worste news we could have received. Please continue to pray for my father and our family. Please pray that God would just touch that side of his body and provide a protection against anything further.

I will continue to keep you updated.

1 comment:

Keith H. McIlwain said...

You all remain in our prayers.