Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Festivus for the Rest of Us!

In honor of Brett and his five week's of Advent, this year College Hill has decided to go with Festivus. We have erected a traditional festivus pole out front. High strength aluminum.

Here is an exerpt from the episode of Seinfeld.

Frank Costanza: Many Christmases ago, I went to buy a doll for my son. I reached for the last one they had, but so did another man. As I rained blows upon him, I realized there had to be another way.
Cosmo Kramer: What happened to the doll?
Frank Costanza: It was destroyed. But out of that a new holiday was born: a Festivus for the rest of us!

On one of the Sundays, I think we will have the traditional "airing of grievances."


Actually though - this is the flag pole that is being erected by one of our young men for his Eagle Scout Project. He should be done soon, but as we were standing around the pole on Sunday as it was going up, someone mentioned Festivus - so I thought it was an apt picture.

3 comments:

Brett Probert said...

And a "Fesitivus Harasho" to you and yours!

Keith H. McIlwain said...

Aww, you had me going for a moment! A Festivus pole...I was so jealous!

smkyqtzxtl said...

I thought you were serious too for a moment, you had me laughing! Truly the rest of the world is having the Santa Festivas while we wait in wonder and prepare our heart for the Christ Child.