Sunday, October 21, 2007

Goin' Old School

On Friday, just as I was about to prepare to write my sermon, my computer crashed! So I quickly went to a local establishment where a "Geek" is looking at it. He cleverly laughed and said that this was usually a hard drive issue, but they would run a diagnostic on it.

So long and short of it is that I will not be doing much on a computer from the office this week. Not a problem for most pastors, but when the office is thirty minutes from home, it is.

So, I'm thinkin' about goin' old school this week. I'm thinkin' typewriter, ditto machine, model T. I don't know - I might even try to borrow a horse to see what it's like to get to work.

I just hope the Nerd Herd can recover some of my data so I don't have to reinvent the wheel too.

See you all soon.

4 comments:

Eric Park said...

Hey bud...

If you are going old school, then maybe you can pretend that the Steelers are the way they used to be in the old days.

You know, back when they had an intimidating defense and a reliable offensive line!

Barb said...

I am so sorry Greg, for any wrench that the computer put into your sail, but hopefully by Monday, you have had some sort of recovery...in time of course, to go out and get that something special for your sister for her birthday!?!?! Two days and counting... XOXO

Unknown said...

Did you try a pencil and paper? I heard they work too.

Brett Probert said...

So this is kind of the I.T. version of "Goin' Commando?"