Sunday, October 7, 2007

Dumpster Diving

So this has no theological implications whatsoever, but I thought I'd let you in on something stupid that I just did.

Had pizza for dinner tonight from one of our favorite pizzerias. Tracy had a meatball sub. All very good.

Following dinner, I thought I'd be a good husband for once and take the pizza box outside to the dumpster. Yes, we live in a church parsonage next to the church, so we use the dumpster.

Came back to the wife who is doing dishes who summarily asks, "Did you bring back the pizza cutter with you?" To which I responded, "no, where is it?"

Her response, "In the pizza box?"

Did I go get it? Your job is to now complete the story just like an old fashioned Mad Lib.

8 comments:

Jeff Kahl said...

No, you went to the nearest Wal-Mart and bought a new cutter. That's my guess!

Keith H. McIlwain said...

That's what I'm hoping for, too.

Brett Probert said...

Well, I can't end the story, but I'm sure there are swear words in it.

Greg Cox said...

That was a good guess, Brett. Now I need to hear others.

Barb said...

Why wasnt the "pizza cutter" discussed prior to the 2 min walk to the dumpster??? Passing the buck it sounds to me, so for once, and I repeat once, I find your stupidity less than your beloved bride's. Sorry Trace, but Yampa should'nt claim responsibility for this. That said, and knowing Greg he held Sarah by the ankles while she "dumpster Dived"~!

Greg Cox said...

Now see, that's something that I should have thought of.

Anonymous said...

My dear husband;
Everything has theological implications. But thanks for being a good husband. No Bard, he did not hold Sarah by the ankles...it was Bekah. Just kidding.

Greg Cox said...

And to hold you in suspense (no punn intended) would be wrong of me. No we did not go dumpster diving, but will find one on our next excursion to the store. Even though the dumpster was relatively empty - there is no way on earth that I would go in for just a pizza cutter.