Sunday, May 25, 2008

Run the Race!

Well, here it is, just an hour before I leave to compete in my first Triathlon. I am leaving with family in tow for New Brighton, PA for their Memorial Day Triathlon. Over twelve weeks of preparation has led me to this place. I am trying to keep my mind focused on finishing the race. That has been the goal from the very beginning: to finish this first triathlon with a smile on my face! As a friend recenlty said, my second goal is to Beat everyone else! I will compete, but my main focus is finishing.

I have been strenghtened by so many prayers and I thank you for each of them. My family has been so supportive, and the youngest is even making up her own words to "Triathlon." It has an tune that is quite similar to "Lamb of God" I think.

Well, after this morning, I will be heading off to Titusville for a little picnic and Memorial Day service tomorrow. I will post results soon.

"let us also lay aside every weight and the sin that clings so closely, and let us run with perseverance the race that is set before us, looking to Jesus the pioneer and perfector of our faith." Hebrews 12.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You go Greg!