Monday, June 2, 2008

Race Results


Well, it took a while for the results to be posted, and then it took me this long to post them here. On Sunday, May 25th, I competed in my very first Triathlon in New Brighton. I am happy that I finished the race. I committed to myself that I would not walk during the race. I didn't. And I also committed that I would finish with a smile on my face. I did that too.


I finished in 1 hour and 23 minutes. That was 2 minutes faster than my estimated time. For that I was happy. However, I have been thinking now about things I could do better and so there is a touch of disappointment for me that I didn't fare better. I'm just being honest.


Now for the next one. Maybe an open water Triathlon this summer. Then I think I will be doing another 5K or possibly a 10K as well.


Thanks for all your encouragement and your prayers.

4 comments:

Brett Probert said...

Good show dude. I'm proud of you!!!

Brett Probert said...

BTW...what are T1 & T2...are those the transition times? What factors contribute there? Clothes changing and stuff like that? Just a dumb bunny asking dumb questions...

Greg Cox said...

From the time that you begin swimming to the time you cross the finish line after the run counts towards your total time. You have a timing chip on your ankle that registers the information when you cross a sensor after the swim.

You are now in T1 - or transition one. You put on shorts (if you want to), socks, bike shoes, shirt and your number, bike helmet and sun glasses. I could probably reduce time by not putting on a tight shirt. Some people don't put on socks. I also made the mistake of putting on my heart monitor. Lost time there - didn't use it at all. You are either breathing hard or not.

T2 is after the bike. You get off your bike, walk across the sensor, put your bike on the rack, take your helmet off, and put on running shoes. You then cross another sensor to begin the run.

Andrew said...

That's awesome Greg! Congratulations!