Friday, December 29, 2006

Trusting in the face of the Unknown

I love you, O Lord, my strength.
The Lord is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer;
my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge.
He is my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold.
I will call to the Lord, who is worthy of praise,
and I am saved from my enemies.

Psalm 18:1-3

Yesterday, my family was given the news that my father had a colonoscopy biopsy that cameback positive for cancer. Today, he is sceduled for a CT scan. Needless to say, there are many unanswered questions as of this moment, but none the less there is a bit of fear attached with such an announcement.

In the face of the unknown, it is hard to look forward without some form of trust. Yesterday, I talked about rappelling. There would be no rappell if there was no trust. Likewise, I don't think that we can move forward toward the face of the unknown, without a trust in God. This is the prayer that I have been praying this day: I love you Lord, you are my Rock, and I will take refuge in you in the face of the unknown.

Please pray for our family.

6 comments:

Brett Probert said...

You, your brother, and your family are in my prayers. Please keep us posted brother.

Keith H. McIlwain said...

Robyn & I will also be keeping your family in our prayers.

Chris said...

Greg,

Jan and I will be praying for you and your family. Let us know if there is anything that we can do.

Blessings!

Brett Probert said...

Any update on your dad? I am praying for him today...

Greg Cox said...

My Dad is scheduled to meet with a surgeon on the 16th. I guess because this was found on a routine scope and no other underlying symptoms, they are not as alarmed as if there were other issues at hand. Thanks you for the prayers, and I will keep everyone updated.

Brett Probert said...

Please do bro.