Thursday, December 28, 2006

The First Time

There is always a first for everything: First Sermon, first round of golf, first kiss, and of course this first blog. No first in my impression is an easy thing. It causes us to pause, hesitate, step back, and wonder if this is really something that I want to do.

One of my hardest firsts would have to be the first time that I went rappelling. I was given some fine instruction on how to rappell, but there is nothing that is going to make walking backwards off a cliff easy.

I am not likening this blog to rappelling. They are in no way comparable. Rappelling down a rock face is not anything like logging onto a computer and trying to be creative. However, it did take me a few months to finally pull the trigger on this one. You could say that it took me a few months to finally take that first step.

So - here it is. Preacher Cox, the blog.

4 comments:

Chris said...

Greg - Welcome to the world of blogging. Its a relativly safe place....although you have to watch out for Probert.

Chris said...

P.S., I added you to the WPAUMC Blogroll. No pressure though.

Brett Probert said...

Greg,

This is AWESOME!!! I am very proud of you and glad to have you in the blogosphere!!! The rappelling thing is a cool analogy...I used to do a lot of that in college and the first time is pretty scary!

Hope you had a great Christmas...did Santa (or is it Satan?) bring the girls their heelies? I hope so!

As for Kindle, remember that his primary spiritual gift is discouragement. Don't take it personally!

Greg Cox said...

We had a great Christmas, and to our dismay, Santa did bring the girls Heelys. They were quite psyched. As for Chris, I told him the other day that he is no longer the 6th Dysfunction. Hope everyone is well.