Saturday, April 19, 2008

Pump House Run

Well, today I competed in my first ever 5K Race. The Pump House Run is held at the North Allegheny Intermediate School and benefits the Physical Education Department throughout the district. I ran a 5K cross country race, and the two older girls ran a 1/2 mile Trot on the track. On the way over to the Run, I asked the girls if they had any goals today. They said, "to have fun and finish!" I thought that was an admirable goal considering that is exactly what I was hoping to do. What a blast it was to see my family on the course cheering me on. What a thrill it was to cross the finish line. Well, unofficially - I think I placed about 63rd among 200 competitors and 6th in my age bracket. I think I crossed in about 27:32 if my memory serves me. Not bad for a first time. The girls' race was for 9 and under and they both finished and both got a ribbon! That was so cool. That was a first and I can tell you it will not be the last. My near term goal is a Triathlon at the end of May. I am just happy I finished today with a smile on my face and so excited for the girls. Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles, and let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us. Hebrews 12:1

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Way to go Greg! I am happy you did this and the blessing your family received in doing it together.

Barb said...

Way cool Yampa!!!