Tuesday, December 23, 2008

No Brett, I was not wearing a Rainbow Wig!

Have you ever wondered why certain people hold up signs during a sporting event that simply reads, John 3:16?

I used to think that when I was younger. I may still wonder about the particular person who is holding the sign now, but I think I've come to some conclusions about why they do what they do.

I saw something recently that reinforced the answer to my question and the answer that I thought I had. On Sunday, I remember seeing "Hebrews 11" printed on a sign. I have my opinions as to why someone would do hold up a sign like that. I guess it's because if anyone really doesn't know the answer to what is printed, they are likely to go and seek out the answer. (I'm not going to give you the answer - you may have to look it up.)

It got me - I thought I knew the answer, but I looked it up just to be sure on Sunday.

Today, I was in the local "Five Dollar Footlong" eating establishment. I was wearing a sweatshirt that Tracy made this year. It has a candle and some evergreens hand painted on the front breast pocket area. Mine is a much smaller version of the sweatshirts that the girls have. But under the candle and evergreen, is the verse Isaiah 9:2. I guess Tracy could have put the words, but she chose to simply put the chapter and verse.

And I'm glad she did. Because after I paid for my half of a five dollar sub, I was asked the question. What's Isaiah 9:2?

It was a great question! And I was happy to give the answer.

Don't know it - I invite you to come to Christmas Eve Worship to find out. I hope you are well. I hope that you continue to ask good questions during Christmas. Merry Christmas.

Please pray for me and know that I am praying for you.
Greg

2 comments:

Brett Probert said...

Perhaps not a wig...perhaps your own hair just dyed rainbow colors. Merry Christmas, my friend!

Barb said...

Being a product of the same loin clothe as he, I suspect that any other colors in his hair, would be shades of GREY...:-/